Tidebrook in East Sussex Hamlet Guide

Tidebrook School 1944

3 August 2014 is the 70th anniversary of the V1 flying bomb (doodlebug) destroying Tidebrook Church School. I am, as a survivor, trying to arrange an event to recognize the event. Is anyone in Tidebrook interested or willing to help?

6 responses to “Tidebrook School 1944”

1.  avatar

My father, Douglas Knight, was at the school at the time of the bomb and would be very keen to take part in any event to mark this anniversary. He is obviously now in his 80’s and lives in Polegate but still has close ties with the area. Kind regards, Sue Matthews

2.  avatar

Sue,

I have a Facebook site called Tidebrook 1944. Details of what is going on regarding the 70th anniversary of the event can be found there.

Kind regards,

Peter Reed

3.  avatar

Sue my e-mail address is [reveal email]

4.  avatar

Dear Peter,

I have tried to find the facebook site as you mention but it does not appear to open up … can you provide details on this website?

Many thanks.

Kind regards,

Eve

5.  avatar

Try Tidebrook school 1944 with a lower case s in school.

Regards

Peter

6.  avatar

Sorry, still unable to access your Facebook will have to send me details on my email address.

Thanks,

Eve Willard

Message Board

Tidebrook 1944

I am a survivor of the V1 (DOODLEBUG) attack on Tidebrook School nr Wadhurst. I am trying to trace a … more

Tidebrook School 1944

3 August 2014 is the 70th anniversary of the V1 flying bomb (doodlebug) destroying Tidebrook Church School. I am, as … more

Explore Tidebrook ...